Tuesday, August 23, 2011

The first review from Rae

Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte is a book full of struggles and romance. As Jane Eyre grows up you begin to feel for her through the struggles she faces. I think the writing style is gorgeous. It is hard to decipher because of all the added French and from the various phrases used in the Victorian age (which have changed over the years) but after I found out what these words truly meant I felt that even though the story is from the Victorian age the meanings in the writings were very modern to my heart.  I was so surprised.
 I was assigned this book as an assignment from my English teacher. I dreaded to read it and in addition, I read the first couple pages and laid the book down till I absolutely had to pick it back up again. I tend not to like books on selected reading lists but this book completely changed my view on the reading lists for teachers to read with their students. This book has a little bit of everything romance, faith, gore, and knowledge. I believe this book was deeply reviving, it had been a long time since I flooded myself with a classic. Although I do warn the reader of this book that I am a fast reader and this book took me about two months to finish. The reason for this delay is because of the first eight chapters. Overall this is definitely not the best book I have ever read, but I do recommend this book to people searching for a good read or if you’re stuck in fiction and keep on stumbling upon distasteful books; this might be a good refresh.
 If you  would like to share something pertaining to this review just leave it in the comments box, or you can leave a link to your blog and I’d gladly check it out and leave a comment. Thanks! -Rae

No comments:

Post a Comment