Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Teaser Tuesdays (Aug. 23)

 
     Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
      My teasers:

      "Let's start with something more basic. Isn't it strange that I know you'd risk your life to save mine... but I don't know what your favorite color is?" he says.
     A smile creeps onto my lips. "Green. what's yours?" (pg 52, Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins)



     Because that was more than two sentences, I'll just leave it at that. :p

     On a different note, I just wanted to let everyone know we'll be producing reviews on Tuesdays and Thursdays every week. Rae will grace us on Tuesday, and I'll pick up on Thursdays; we're hoping to participate in a lot of activities.
     Leave your comments below about the teaser or your thoughts on The Hunger Games series. ;P
-C

7 comments:

  1. Great teaser!

    Here's mine:

    http://50yearproject.wordpress.com/2011/08/23/teaser-tuesday-aug-23/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful teaser. I have not read this series.
    My TT: http://www.rundpinne.com/2011/08/teaser-tuesdays-picking-bones-from-ash.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Jennifer! I'd really encourage you to read the series if you're interested in teen fiction. It is, personally, one of my own favorites. I really enjoyed your TT; thanks a bushel for stopping by! Rae has reviewed Jane Eyre and I'll be reviewing Pride and Prejudice on Thursday (two books I noticed you've listed as your favorites), I hope you'll stop by and give us some suggestions. ;) -C

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by TBM; I enjoyed your TT as well. :) I hope you'll take a look at our reviews! ;)-C

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved The Hunger Games Series and Catching Fire was such an exciting book. Nice teaser!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great teaser. I really need to read this series.
    Sally.
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/08/teaser-tuesday-33.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Carrie! I really enjoyed them. ;)

    I LOVE your blog Sally. Is there anyway you could set it up so I could subscribe by email? I fear I'll fall out of touch otherwise. :( The Hunger Games series is really fantastic, I recommend it highly. =)
    -C

    ReplyDelete