Monday, November 21, 2011

Musing Monday! (11-21)

This week’s musing asks…
How do you decide to read a book by an author you haven’t read before? What sort of recommendations count most highly in making that decision?

     It's actually most common for me to pick up books by authors I'm unfamiliar with; however, recommendations for any book go a long way. I've been known many times in my reading career to pick up a random collection of books from a bookstore or library. The more I blog, the less I do this. I am able to see recommendations and reviews on books of the highest quality online and researching a book before investing in it has become almost an essential. I value the opinions of book bloggers I hold in high esteem highly and confront them when in question of a novel. The most powerful recommendations are usually from these blogger friends or blogs and friends I am satisfied embody my taste in literature (I've also been know to be suckered into a book when someone brings it to school and hands it to me with no preface; it almost guarantees I'll finish it in days). -Caressa

No comments:

Post a Comment