Thursday, November 10, 2011

Thursday Review (11-10)

                                                               Rating: 8.78/10 blue tablets

        
         Caressa and I decided that she would review Matched the first book of the series on Tuesday and I would review the second book of the series Crossed on Thursday.When I saw this book on the shelf I just had to pick it up even though the ending of the first book was disappointing. I was so exicted in seeing this book that I ordered C a copy of it (first edition).
         The book was not as disappointing as the first one.When I read the first one I found myself bored in the first 150 pages, but with this one I was on the edge of my seat the whole time. I am not going to include spoilers because I know C is working on NaNoWriMo and should read this book. I will tell you that it is amazing.
        The characters that come in this book really fit in well with the story line. Sometimes when you add so many new characters into the second book of a series you tend to loose connection with the main characters and the whole book becomes lost. Condie did a fantastic job when adding in these characters.
         The plot was good except for a few things. It started out really good and then it just became average and uninteresting. Even though it wasn't long before it was good again but then it was boring again. It seemed that this happened through the whole novel and I suddenly realized this.
         The romance in this novel tears at your heart. At times you really want Cassia to love Ky and at other times you think that Xander is a better choice for Cassia. I congratulate Condie on pulling this off because each romance is very different and unique.
           Overall I would recommend this book to anyone looking for a good read but I would recommend you read Matched first. Thank you for stopping by and reading this review. If you have any comments just leave them below. -Rae

No comments:

Post a Comment