Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Tuesday Review (11-1)


Rating: 6.78/10 martens

C and I used to be interested in this series. It is actually a dull series but definitely has its moments. I do admit the first time I read this it took me so long. That was probably the longest time I have ever spent on a novel. The past couple of months I have been craving this kind of writing. I am not sure what draws me to this book. Maybe it is the fact that it defeated me because it took so long to read or maybe I just missed Dustfinger. I doubt I will ever know. I read it over the weekend and found that it is the best of the series.
I do not want to give away anything about this novel just in case someone is slowly working their way through Inkheart. I will reveal one thing though this book is ten times better than Inkheart and you definitely do not want to miss it.
The characters in this novel are fantastic. Dustfinger is one of my all-time favorite characters and I think about him often. I think the reason why I like him so much is because he is so different and unique but so beautifully put together. I also enjoy Farid a character who also gets read out of a book.  He reminds you of Aladdin in ways because of his appearance and background story.  Also the marten (a creature from the book Inkheart) is very interesting.
I would not suggest anyone to pick up this book till you really feel interested. I definitely do not recommend this book to beginning readers because it might discourage you but I do suggest that sometime in the future you should check it out.
Thank you so much for stopping by! If you have a comment about this review just leave it below. Thank you so much! -Rae

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for writing this review! I read Inkheart last year- and while I liked the overall concept and storyline- the book was a bit long. Dustfinger was a really intriguing character and I actually think about the story more than I would have expected. I never picked up the rest of the books in the series- simply because the first one took me a while. But, maybe I will give this one a chance! I would kind of like to find out what happens to everyone.

    THANKS!
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would definitely suggest you add it to your TBR list. Thank you for reading and I am glad you enjoyed my review. -Rae

    ReplyDelete