Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Tuesday Review (11-15)

   
 Rating: 9.10/10



     Hello everyone this is Rae. I am back on Tuesday this week.Yay! The book I read was requested to us by the author. The book was written by Larissa Hinton and is a collection of short stories and poems. I enjoyed it so much that I read it today in two sittings.

     It has been a long time since I read poetry on my own. I think the last collection of short stories and poems I read were by Edgar Allan Poe. I was a little weary because it had been so long, but I was so excited after I jumped right into the book. Each short story and poem is very intriguing and different. When I read the titles I was a little scared but after I started reading the short story or poem, I realized the purpose of the title. I would very much enjoy to see some of these short stories become novels. The ideas that are in the short stories are very creative and imaginative. I think Hinton could speak to lots of people if she created a novel out of any short story in this anthology. Hinton did a fantastic job with putting this book in order. The book was so smooth and it felt relaxing as I read through every page.

     I would recommend this book to anyone. It is reviving and beautiful. It was a rainy day and I believe a perfect evening to sit down and read an anthology.

     If you have any comments about this review just leave them below. Thanks for  reading! -Rae



4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for taking the time to read and review my anthology, Everblossom!

    http://teacherwritebookaholicohmy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was fantastic. Thank you Larissa. I shared it with so many friends today. -Rae

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad to hear that. :) I hope your friends enjoyed it as much as you did.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for your time Larissa! -Caressa

    ReplyDelete